Sunday, January 20, 2008

Jim Noir

I first got Jim Noir's album "Tower of Love" when I found out he was going to be playing support for the Super Furry Animals in Vicar Street, however due to my driving test being at home that day and the train being late i arrived just before the SFA took to the stage, and hence missed all of Jim's set.
I had only briefly listened to the album due before hand and wasn't terribly disappointed at missing his set at the time. But retrospect is a bitch and now after a few months and many more listens i realise that i missed out on what could have been something special. "Tower of Love" has intrigued me greatly, it opens very well with "My Patch", but changes tone quickly and this downtempo turn may affect some peoples impression of the album. However there are some very good songs therein that can really grow on you, and certainly has with me. I recommend giving it a listen and not judging it too quickly.

No comments: