Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Recent Vinyl Purchases

I enjoy wandering around the record shops in town and flicking through the LP's, a great way to pass the time and when I can afford it I'll pick something up.

With the recent closure of Road Records on Fade St, I decided to pay one last visit. I'd only been there one time before and picked up one of my most cherished albums that I hadn't seen before anywhere else(Arcade Fire - Funeral).
This final visit I picked up Parliaments Trombipulation.


On two separate visits to Freebird I picked up a few singles and a brand new copy of Andy Warhol by The Velvet Underground and Nico, complete with Peel able sticker.

The big chains are fine for DVD's but for my records I prefer to go for the Independent stores. But saying that I also have a soft spot for Tower Records on Wicklow street, with their ever expanding vinyl section I can't fault it really, on my last visit I picked up a nice shiny new copy of Loveless, the My Bloody Valentine Classic.

No comments: