Thursday, November 22, 2007

When all else fails, there's always music.....

I stole the above motto from the Music Advice Centre, its something ive always agreed with but never seen so eloquently phrased before. I've been feeling quite depressed & mopey lately, with exams looming and the realisation that most of the people i started college with have graduated and gone on to better things. I was in such a state that i didn't even want to listen to any music, it just all seemed a bit stale and boring. This was a sad state of affairs that had to be rectified. Firstly there was a big clean-up of my zen, which ive realised should be an on-going process at the best of times, and an expansion of my music collection.
Ive encountered some new stuff that is amazing and some old stuff i couldn't believe id neglected for so long. So ive compiled a list of whats been cheering me up lately, i do like compiling lists. Feel free to add your own.

The New:
Holy Fuck - LP
Karate - Pockets
Karate - Some Boots
Bloc Party - A Weekened in the City -(technically new to me)

The Not quite new:
British Sea Power - Open Season
Battles - Mirrored
Modest Mouse - The Moon & Antartica
The Young Knives - Voices of Animals & Men

The Revisted:
The Lemonheads - It's A shame About Ray
The Smiths - Strangeway's Here we Come
Echo & The bunnymen - Porcupine
--------
Music is a beautiful thing, it accompanies us across our journey of life wherever that may be, keep it fresh and it will always appear beautiful, let it become stale and you may lose it forever.
Feel free to visit my Last.fm, its where i get much of my recommendations.

No comments: